Welcome!

I'm a busy mom who works hard for her kids! Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Betty Crocker? Umm...I think NOT!!

So I am not a baker, AT ALL! My kind of baking requires a package of dry cookie ingredients and I can add the egg and oil, even then I usually manage to mess them up somehow!
Well tonight I decided that we would make gingerbread men cookies for Christmas. I got the packaged dough that I didn't even need to add anything to, piece of cake right? WRONG!! Who knew you'd need a rolling pin to roll out the dough? Not me! I don't own one!
So I get the counter all floured up (luckily I actually had four) and break open the package. I read the directions, ROLL THE DOUGH!?! What am I going to do? I know! A glass! That's round right?!? So I flour up the glass (I have some knowledge of baking) and get set to "rock and roll", but what happens? The darn dough sticks to the darn glass! Ugh...so our gingerbread men came out a little lumpy and all different thickness levels, but they sure taste good!
And the most important part? Aiden had a blast cooking with mommy! He LOVED getting flour all over the kitchen, AND mom LOVED it too!! Now I need to go REclean the kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment