Welcome!

I'm a busy mom who works hard for her kids! Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

PROP 100

So everyone knows that I'm a teacher and obviously a supporter of Proposition 100, but I really hope everyone else is too! This TEMPORARY sales tax increase will help education so much in Arizona! I totally agree with the opposition that the government needs to seriously rethink the spending habits, but let's not teach them a lesson while destroying the educational system!! Did you know these facts??
If 100 doesn't pass the following will most likely happen!
K-12 schools - Cut $420 million
Higher education - Cut $100 million
Public Safety - Cut $85 million
13,000 prison inmates will be released
Police and firefighter response time will slow due to the $85 million cut on public safety
20,500 jobs will be lost
Arizona will lose an extra $442.5 million in federal funds

Don't know about you but I really don't want to have 13,000 inmates wandering around Arizona just because the government screwed up the budget!! Please make your voice heard!
VOTE YES ON PROP 100 ON MAY 18TH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment