Welcome!

I'm a busy mom who works hard for her kids! Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Teacher's Reflection

So this school year was a difficult one. I definitely was not at my best this year, so I'm going to do a lot of reflecting over the summer. I'm also taking an online class, and am making some new and specific plans for this upcoming school year.

So part of this reflection process is going to be a teacher's 30 Day Blog Challenge. If you're a teacher and want to join in, check out Julie's blog!

So here it goes!
Day 1
How did you decide to become a teacher?

Well growing up I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. I had a chalkboard (I know I'm old, lol) in my room and I would "teach" all of my stuffed animals, my sister, or friends from the neighborhood.
In high school we had to do a research project about a career that we wanted to pursue. Of course I chose teaching, but we had to choose 2 to compare them. The other career that I decided to research was a lawyer, totally the opposite! I chose lawyer because in the back of my mind I thought that would be neat, and it would be great to make much more money than a teacher! In the end I realized that I would absolutely hate being a lawyer!
So after high school I went to NAU to start my education to become a teacher! I've now been teaching for 7 years, and still can't believe it's been that long!

Tune in tomorrow for Day 2 of my reflections!

No comments:

Post a Comment