Welcome!

I'm a busy mom who works hard for her kids! Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Freezer Cooking

I've started my planning for my big day of cooking to stock my freezer!
I have written out the recipes I want to cook and made a list of ingredients I already have on hand. Then I wrote my list of ingredients I need to buy, I was going to go to the grocery store today, but didn't get over there...what else is new right?!?! So I'm going to the store tomorrow!
My goal is to start cooking on Wednesday and finish up on Thursday! I'm so excited to have meals on hand to make night time easier! :)
My recipes:
Meatloaf
Meatballs
seasoned ground beef for tacos
Shredded beef- enough for BBQ sandwiches one night, and shredded beef burritos another night
Shredded pork for carnitas
Spicy Chicken
Cooked chicken strips for stir fry
Cooked strips of steak for fajitas
chili
So that's 10 dinners to hold me over for about 2 weeks! We'll probably do some left overs and going out or take out for a few other nights. I'm so excited!
This will be my trial run. If everything works out well my plan is to do this once a month to keep work nights easy! Wish me luck!
If you like this idea and would like the planning pages I used check out Money Saving Mom's blog!

2 comments:

  1. You are ambitious! I tried a little of this when my son was born, thinking I'd save time in the long run, but I didn't like how much time it took on a whole afternoon. For me, it was tough! I'll be anxious to hear how it goes, especially once you're back in the swing at school. I'm sure it will be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to invite me for dinner?! :)

    ReplyDelete