Welcome!

I'm a busy mom who works hard for her kids! Hope you can relate to some of my thoughts!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My cooking day!

So I did it! :) I spent the whole morning cooking this morning!
I started by chopping up all the onions and bell peppers I needed. Then I divided the ground beef up for all the meals I was making.
I started with the roast first because I needed to get that in the crock pot. That is going to become shredded beef for 2 different meals, BBQ Beef Sandwiches, and burritos.
Then I started on the chili. While I was sauteing the veggies and ground beef for the chili I started browning the ground beef for the taco meat. While all of that was cooking I separated the last of the ground beef into 2 different bowls for my meatloaf and meatballs.
I seasoned both batches of the ground beef, molded one into the meatloaf, and then made the balls and threw it all in the oven!
Then I finished off the chili to let that simmer for awhile and finished the taco meat.
Finally I chopped all the chicken I needed for the spicy chicken recipe and the fajitas and got it cooking.
I let everything cool before packaging it up to put in the freezer!
Tomorrow I'm going to put a pork roast in the crock pot to shred for carnitas for another meal!
So excited to see if everything freezes okay when we start taking the meals out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow-impressed! Maybe you can do this every break and stock up?

    ReplyDelete